20. A friend you can call at any time to help you out of a jam.
21. Something – a piece of jewelry, a tattoo, a gift, anything – that brings about a heavy sense of sentimentality.
22. Knowing what you will and will not find personally acceptable in any relationship.
23. A well-kept secret that immediately brings about a smile.
24. An older woman in your life that possesses characteristics you wish to emulate.
25. A sense of spirituality (read: not religiosity) that both nourishes and teaches.
26. A song or musical piece that brings that defines you…
27. Or makes you want to sing at the top of your lungs.
28. A “to-do” list that may or may not be completely checked off – and that’s okay.
29. A higher purpose that enables you to roll out of bed even on the toughest of days.
30. A thorough understanding of who you are as a woman – and potential implications of this knowledge.
31. Accomplished something that nobody can ever take away from you, regardless of circumstance.
32. A photo album, big or small, of forever cherished memories.
33. Lost someone so deeply loved that it will forever leave a void in your soul and a hole in your heart.
34. Having the ability to say “NO” without any further explanation.
35. Accepting the person you see in the mirror, imperfections and all – as they’ve likely been earned over time.
36. Any hobby or interest (yes, TV splurges count) that you can get lost in for hours…and hours.
37. A gray hair or two, or a part of your body that you’ll probably never perfect.
38. Had a romantic partner that, even if things didn’t quite work out, brought out your “wild side.”
39. A bit of money set aside, or enough resources in case of an emergency.
40. Realizing that 40 years old is by no means “old.” There’s a lot of living to be done, young lady.